Cotton Inc. Monthly Economic Letter Mar-2019
Posted : May 21, 2019
Cotton Market Fundamentals & Price Outlook
RECENT PRICE MOVEMENT
Benchmark prices were flat or slightly higher over the past month.
- Prices for the May NY futures contract increased over past month, climbing from levels just below 70 cents/lb in mid-February to those near 74 cents/lb recently.
- The A Index also rose, increasing from values below 80 to those near 83 cents/lb.
- Chinese cotton prices represented by the CC Index (3128B) were essentially steady in both international and domestic terms (near 105 cents/lb or 15,500 RMB/ton).
- Indian spot prices (Shankar-6 quality) moved slightly higher in international (from 75 to 77 cents/lb) and domestic terms (from 41,700 to 42,400 INR/candy).
- Pakistani spot prices were steady at values equal to 76 cents/lb or 8,600 PKR/maund.
Read For Full Report in PDF